Friday, February 11, 2011

Taekwondo hurts me!

Today was day two of lectures and as my title alludes, I am very sore right now. The fourth lecture, right after lunch, was taekwondo. We did a warm up which was very hard for someone who never does it or doesn't stretch much. I was pretty proud of how well I did. Then we learned three kicks: forward kick, turn kick and axe kick. We had to yell very hard with each one, "YaHHHH!" Becky volunteered to be the one to break a board. She actually chose to do it with her palm. She can yell really scary, which is the most important part of taekwondo. Her students will be very frightened if they hear her.
The first lecture, this morning was different icebreakers and activities to do with kids, which was really nice and fun. The second was about using Power-Point the correct way to be interesting and not overwhelming or boring. The presenter was hilarious and I learned a lot.
The third lecture was on classroom managment by two guys from the British Council. It was very repetitive of things we had already learned. And while they had adorable accents and were funny at times, it was kinda boring.
Jenny got a birthday cake at lunch but no one got any photos :(
After lunch was taekwondo. Then it was a lecture on  teaching English through drama. For everyone but me it was very interesting. I, however, had a play class last semester at college that had all the same games. There were some very fun parts because the games change depending on the people playing. Matt was a child having a traumatic experience at the dentist, we raced to spell words in a relay (my team didn't win) and there was a mother who seamed very happy to be eaten by a tiger. The tiger was very apologetic.
Just now I went to the evening activity for singing Korean folk songs. It turned out to be an acapella group to sing "In the Jungle". I left because I don't really like to sing choir type songs.

Eunice and I celebrated our last food before fasting for the medical tests tomorrow by having little slices of cake in our dorm. We have no utensils, so we used fingers which can be veeery interesting :) I used a little glop of whipped cream to show her my trick of fligging whipped cream off my arm and catching it in my mouth. Luckily I had perfect aim this time!!
Tomorrow the EMU students are going for karaoke. Some of us may go to a spa beforehand. I'm excited for both of them.
I'm going to get some sleep now.
Tell you all about the medical tests,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment