Thursday, February 24, 2011

Good Morning Jeonbuk!

Made it to Jeonju University in Jeonbuk for the last part of our orientation. I'm on the 15th floor and it took forever for everyone to get their suitcases up the elevator. There are a bunch of 5th generation TaLK scholars (they have been here for 6 months) and EPIK teachers. I was able to visit the nurse today and get some meds, but I really wish I had brought an inhaler. It seems to be the beginning of spring outside but at night it gets cold and it hurts my lungs. The floors in our dorms are heated and when we arrived last night I almost burned my feet. We turned the heat off but it took all night for the water under the floors to cool off.
The drive from Jochiwon was only 2 hours. At the halfway point we went to a rest stop and someone took this shot of the fountain there. There was a pool of Koi you could feed and a pot of love to throw coins into.
We stopped at a restaurant in Jeonju before arriving at the campus. We had barbecue. Everyone dared others to eat the silkworms. I ate two and was one of the only people who could actually stand it. To me it was like a wet nut.
We didn't have internet as soon as we got here like they told us. We had to buy Ethernet cords which were not available until noon today. I am one of only three people for whom the cords work. Others are still trying to get new cords.
We had time today where we could ask questions for the POE. In Jochiwon we asked the TaLK people questions and they told us to ask the POE. Now when we ask they tell us to ask our mentor teachers. It almost feels like we'll never get answers. We also had lectures on classroom games and storytelling. Tomorrow we get to meet our mentor teachers and possibly our co-teachers. We may be able to see our schools or accommodations. I'm going to get some rest now.
Wish me health!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment