Monday, March 28, 2011

Week Three

So it's Monday of week three and when my sixth graders didn't show up.
I went to look for them. They were all sitting in their classroom with their teacher. I asked her if they had English class now. She said, "I thought the schedule was changed."
Sure enough, when I asked my mentor teacher, I learned that my schedule was changed. I got a new printout, and the changes seem okay. For Tuesdays and Wednesdays my thrird and fourth graders are split up. I'm hoping this is a good thing. I had several problem kids in those classes, so this may help with that.
So after learning that the sixth graders weren't coming, I wondered why the fifth graders weren't coming since I now had them on Mondays. I went to ask their teacher and my mentor teacher said, "they aren't coming today, the teacher made a mistake. Just take a break."
Cool! I have nothing to do for 40 minutes until it's time to take the carpool home.
Not a lot has been going on.
I finished the unit on zoo animals with the kids and am starting family members. The 1 and 2 graders were a blast today. We say "Alive, Awake, Alert, Enthusiastic Happy!" Which was so much fun.
At the end I told the story of Herman the worm with motions. The song is a little too complicated for 1 and 2 graders so I just summarized it.
At the end they all said, "Again, again!" So we did it a second time.
It's time to go so I'll put up my photos later.

Hope you're having as great a week as me!
Lisa
(I was not effected by tsunami/earthquakes)

No comments:

Post a Comment