Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Start of Teaching

I have had two days of teaching now and today was my day off. I've spent the whole time recuperating from the kids. I'm going to get some sleep for my next two days of teaching now, but thought I'd put the few photos I was able to get up.
 This is my 5th grade class, only five students. In the back is Sabino, my co-teacher. He is able to work with me on Tuesdays and Fridays. Unluckily for him Fridays means kindergartners. My first lesson with all the kids is zoo animals. For my sixth grade we made new animals using the body parts of the animals we are learning/ below are the drawings we made. The first animal was a frog head (drawn by me) and a turtle body with three monkey tails. Don't ask me why there are three. My favorite part was the bear feet. In order to show they were bear feet and not a different animals, the boy wrote 'bear' in hangul on the foot. The second animal is supposed to have a giraffe neck but it kinda turned into a snake instead. it has a zebra head, elephant trunk and lion tail.


 ~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment