Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day!!

So, I know that everyone wants a great "start of teaching" blog. Well... I talked to a fifth gen TaLK scholar from Eastern Michigan last weekend and mentioned that I was about to start teaching. She said that at the end of the first week you will find yourself sitting in your room thinking, "what the heck just happened." Yeah, it's just like that. I taught?! Did I really go? How did it go so fast? Why did it take so long?
I honestly can't describe my classes well. I showed a slide show introducing myself and we made name tags for the first lesson. For the second lesson we talked about zoo animals and played zoo-fruit bowl upset. Each person in the circle is either lion, zebra, or monkey. If the person in the middle says your animal then you have to switch seats and the person in the middle is trying to get a seat too. If the person says zoo then everyone changes seats. It was hilarious. Today we did zoo word search, colored zoo animals and played zoo-fruit bowl upset again, or as they call it, 'the chair game'!




My fifth grade class is only five students so we couldn't really play. Instead we drew pictures of animals that were made up of different animal parts like I had done before. We all sat together and instead of the white board we each had pieces of paper. I am now called a good draw-er in that class. Everyone would ask me to add something to their animals. Then they started telling me what to add to my animal. What started with a frog head, giraffe neck, turtle body, duck feet and a monkey tail then received a lion mane, elephant trunk, unicorn horn, gorilla arms, angel wings, hedgehog needles and bananas. I also got numerous requests for the elephant sound. Why did I show them I could to that?!?!? At least I'm entertaining, right? One more day till I get another break. I just had one yesterday, what am I complaining about? Anyway, I'm enjoying it and am too tired all at the same time, which is a wonderful change from the pre teaching and internet Lisa.
Please enjoy our mix up animals!
~Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment