Friday, June 24, 2011

Sympathy according to different grades

On Wednesday, during my day off, I had one of my wisdom teeth removed. Yesterday and today I taught, even though I was still sore and talking too much could make it worse. We watched movies in most of my classes, because we were in between topics and I didn't want to introduce something new while my jaw hurt.
My 4th and 5th graders were happy to watch a movie. They also were nice to me while in pain and didn't go out of control.
My 1st and 2nd graders were similar. We didn't watch a movie for that class, because they were a day behind the other grades. My co-teacher was nice enough to do the major part of the teaching/talking and I helped out. Many of the kids were asking if I was okay and making pity faces when they heard I had had my tooth taken out. They were pretty well behaved today (except for the normal two troublemakers) and that class wasn't stressful at all.
Then came 6th grade. You'd think that they would enjoy a day off from class and watching a movie. No... they wanted to choose the movie. They wanted to watch shows in Korean. They tried to talk through the whole thing. They barely acknowledged that I was having a bad day. I'm quite thankful that Sab was able to get them under some control and split up the talkies.
Now it's the weekend. My plans to go to Everland amusement park have gone through because there will be a hurricane on Sunday. Yay! A whole two days of rest and maybe a third trip to the orphanage to play with the babies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment