Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Lisa Teacher! Bingo Game!

Just a quick little story about playing Bingo with my first and second graders.

Bingo is a favorite for most of my kids, but there is one boy named Drew who can't sit still for it. It took forever for him to finish making his bingo board, so I did half of it for him so that the rest of us could play. He wouldn't sit in his chair while I called out the names of the fruit and vegetable words we were playing with.
Finally he asked me if he could draw the next slip of paper from the jar for me. Since the rest of the kids were happy playing I figured I'd let him do it once.

He drew the paper and announced to the class, "Apple". Then he raced off to his seat to mark off apple on his board. I looked at the paper he had drawn. It clearly said, "Grape". I looked at Drew's bingo board. Apple was one of the words he needed to get a bingo.

That was it for Drew helping me call out the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment